A new approach to addiction treatment.
At StoneRidge, we view addiction and substance abuse through the lens of science, understanding that parts of the brain, including receptors for dopamine and opioids, can become easily hijacked by addictive substances. That’s why we take a unique, research-backed approach to helping patients understand, manage, and overcome their addiction, starting with the brain.
Why The Brain
Our brains are incredibly powerful organs capable of stunning achievements. Unfortunately, they can also fall victim to harmful addictive behaviors that change the way we feel, act, and even think. This is why we begin our addiction treatment with a focus on healing the brain through a combination of innovative, specialized treatment and evidence-based clinical therapy, all overseen by our triple-board-certified medical director.
All StoneRidge patients begin their recovery with a comprehensive screening to determine overall mental and physical health and wellness. If needed, our medical director may recommend additional screenings with a physician for a complete medical physical. From there, our addiction recovery professionals help patients through a series of nursing, psychiatric, and clinical assessments to develop a comprehensive plan of care to guide ongoing treatment.
StoneRidge provides innovative neuroscience-based treatments, including Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), qEEG/Brain Mapping, Neurofeedback, and Spravato Therapy, that can help patients better manage the emotional challenges inherent in addiction. Our medical director determines the appropriate brain-focused treatments for each patient.
Treatment at StoneRidge involves trusted clinical modalities, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), to help patients learn key skills and understand the addiction cycle, explore their thoughts and feelings associated with addiction, and practice relapse prevention.
Among the modalities patients can experience at StoneRidge include:
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), which can help patients manage depression and other mental health challenges
- qEEG/Brain Mapping to help clinicians better target effective neuroscience-based treatments
- Neurofeedback helps patients “see” their brain at work, learning to emphasize positive behaviors and avoid negative patterns
- Spravato Therapy uses carefully-regulated doses of Spravato to help patients struggling with depression and related disorders
- Physical Education focusing on daily movement, stretching, and mindfulness
- “Brain Diet” lessons on the connection between nutrition, mental health, and wellness
- Experiential Therapeutic Learning helps connect patients with the arts and creative outlets
- SMART Goals workshops teach patients how to set and achieve realistic goals specific to their treatment and their individual real-life situations
- Treatment Team brings together the patient and their treatment partners, including the medical director, clinical director, therapist, RN, and case manager, to discuss and update the treatment plan
- Process Group helps patients put the skills and techniques they have learned into practice in a safe, therapist-guided space
- Red Flag Thoughts teaches patients how to recognize and manage negative thoughts through reframing techniques taught within CBT
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy equips patients with skills like Distress Tolerance, Emotional Regulation, and Interpersonal Effectiveness to help them become more aware of their thoughts, feelings, actions, and reactions
- Individual Therapy/EMDR Sessions with licensed professional therapists allow patients one-on-one discussion time at regularly scheduled times throughout their treatment
- Individual Case Management gives patients an opportunity to practice life skills, discuss their social wellbeing, and explore employment opportunities, as well as set long-term goals
Do you or a loved one need support with substance abuse or addiction? Let us help you take the next step in your recovery.
Innovative, Evidence-Based Therapies
Because mental health and addiction concerns are so often interconnected, we utilize research-based approaches with evidence-based outcomes that promote overall healing and recovery.